Stronger Peripheries: A Southern Coalition
Stronger Peripheries: A Southern Coalition is a project created to open a space for dialogue, collaboration, and joint learning, to question and discuss the notions of “south” and “peripheries” from a socio-political and socio-cultural perspective through diverse collaborative artistic strategies capacity-building actions.
We want to provide the opportunities to rethink our identities through culture and the empowering confluence of cultural difference, while promoting reflection on prevailing cultural policy models in the South of Europe.
The Southern Coalition is an informal network that gathers eleven arts management organizations and three research institutions from ten European countries. A network that connects locally anchored cultural practices, aiming at overcoming isolation and boosting the skills of artists, cultural professionals, and audiences.
Stronger Peripheries: A Southern Coalition (2020-2024) is a large cooperation project co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
- Artemrede, Portugal
- Bunker Slovenia
- Centrul Cultural
- Clujean, Romania
- Transversal Xarxa d’Activitats Culturals, Spain
- Fakultet dramskih umetnosti, Serbia
- ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa, Portugal
- L’Arboreto – Teatro Dimora di Mondaino, Italy
- Occitanie en Scène, France
- PCAI Awareness Raising, Greece
- Pergine Spettacolo
- Aperto, Italy
- POGON – Zagreb Center for Independent Culture and Youth, Croatia
- Pro Progressione, Hungary
- Teatro di Sardegna, Italy
- Universitat de Barcelona, Spain