We are happy to announce the second TRIGGER platform 2020! Trigger will take place between August 29th – 31st in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
TRIGGER 2020 PROGRAMME
Saturday, 29th August
11.00 – 12.00 (Location: Glej Theatre) introduction to Slovenian performing arts landscape with Zala Dobovšek and Maja Šorli
22.00 (Location: The Old Power Station of Ljubljana)
Sunday, 30th August
17.00 (Location: Španski Borci Cultural Centre)
19.00 (Location: Glej Theatre)
Urška Brodar, Jure Novak, Katarina Stegnar: AN ORGY // devised theatre // Duration: 120 min // Production: Glej Theatre; Coproduction: CNT Ivana pl. Zajca, Reka, Poza Institute
Monday, 31st August
14.00 – 16.00 (Location: Glej Theatre)
lecture and debate on internationalization, platforms and eastern context with Annika Üprus and Nevenka Koprivšek.
21.00 (Location: ŠD Tabor)
BETON LTD.: ICH KANN NICHT ANDERS /// performance //Duration: 60 min // Production: Bunker, Ljubljana
22.00 (Location:The Old Power Station of Ljubljana)
Tatovi podob. ///Image Snatchers. // Technoburlesque// //Duration: 75 min // Production: Emanat, Ljubljana
Tuesday, 1st September
Wednesday, 2nd September
Thursday, 3rd September
About the TRIGGER platform
TRIGGER is a platform for contemporary performative arts. It is being developped by Glej Theatre, Bunker Ljubljana, Moment Maribor, Mladinsko Theatre / Nova pošta and City of Women. The main purpose of the platform is to strengthen competences of independent producers and artists, especially in the field of internationalization and international connections.
Platform combines a showcase of performances with potential for international market, series of discussions, lectures and workshops with curators from international festivals, agents, and specialists for distribution and international cooperation.
Purpose of the platform is therefore to gain specialized knowledge of developing strategies and methodology to distribute, network and internationalize contemporary performative arts.
• improving competitive options for Slovenian artists in the international market
• improving the situation for Slovenian producers of independent performative arts
• improving opportunities for distribution of independent performances on national and international level
• creating a space for skill exchange on fields, that do not have formal or informal opportunities for education and development (professions in production, management and technical support)
• creating and maintaining connections with important European festivals and producers
• promoting Slovenian performers and performances
• long-term influence on diversity of domestic production in relation to exchange of examples of good practice and experiences from abroad
• greater stability of Slovenian producers
Centre for Creativity
City of Women
Mladinsko Theatre (Nova pošta programme)
Plesni teater Ljubljana
productions of individual artists and collectives.
This project is a part of a partnership network Platform Center for Creativity co-financed by European Union from European Regional Development Fund and by Republic of Slovenia.
Platform is also supported by Ministry of Public Administration, Ministry of Culture and Municipality of Ljubljana.