From 2012 onwards, the Drugajanje festival is part of the network entitled Festivals in Transition. Thirteen of its partners are involved in the project URBAN HEAT, which is a project supported by Creative Europe, enabling artists to engage with the invisible communities within cities. The four year project supports artists to develop and create daring and extraordinary work that connects with the world outside the arts by addressing urgent political and social issues, and by working with audiences and communities affected by those issues. The Slovene artist taking part in the project is director Mare Bulc.
From year 2012 – 2015 partners of the FIT network were actively collaborating in the project Global City – Local City, which brought together eight European festivals. By way of artistic exploration, the network strived to tackle social, ecological and political issues related to the cooperating cities, as well as global tendencies in the transformation process of urban city centres. The exploratory phase, in the form of weekly CityLABs, i.e. city laboratories, were followed by artistic residencies, where artists created their own works to be presented at the festivals.
- Festival Drugajanje, Maribor, Slovenia, November 27th – 29th 2018
- Festival Drugajanje, Maribor, Slovenia, November 28th – 30th 2017
- Marko Bulc: The First Altruistic Performance, production of the performance, Stara mestna elektrarna, Slovenia, November 22nd, 2017
- Maribor City Lab in the frame of Drugajanje Festival, Maribor, Slovenia, November 21st – 25th 2016 (Programme)
- Participation at Alkantara festival, Lisbon, Portugal, May 25th – June 11th 2016
- Participation at Cairo City Lab, Cairo, Egypt, April 14th – 17th 2016
In project Global City – Local City
- Kviss búmm bang: GALA – Celebrationof Minorities(artists in residence)
- City Lab Maribor (25th November – 1st December 2012)