Betontanc: TRACK OF THE WORLD
We all like sport because of its purity. There’s only you, your body, the track and the competition. Everyone wants to win, but some people need to win. Everyone believes they can be a champion. We’re all held captive in the same game without a way out. What to do? Can one retire? Can one tell the truth? Why? Sometimes it is better to dream in broad daylight than it is to live at night.
People want more and more. And so more and more is what we have to give; we have to act like heroes that they think we are, we have to make sacrifices for the circus to find its way. Culture to the people, sports to the common folks. It just so happens that some people’s profession is other people’s entertainment. Directors, clowns, actors, athletes.
Sport is just about the only thing that sets you straight. No sweet-talk there. The time, the result says it all. If you’re playful and childish, everything runs smoother and better. Many people don’t dare to, because they hoped for things to somehow work out in the end. But don’t expect anyone to get things done instead of you. That would be an illusion. Let the better man win. There are no restrictions.
Without heroes, we’re all just ordinary people.
Without heroes, we don’t know, how far we can actually go.
- Concept and direction: Matjaž Pograjc
- Concept and realisation: Primož Bezjak, Branko Jordan, Branko Potočan, Katarina Stegnar, Vito Weis
- Dramaturgy: Andreja Kopač
- Music: Silence (Boris Benko, Primož Hladnik), Dead Tongues
- Set and light design: Tomaž Štrucl
- Technical coordinator and light management: Andrej Petrovčič
- Sound design: Jure Vlahovič
- Costume design: Mateja Benedetti
- Costume design assistant: Nika Potokar
- Graphic design: Saša Kladnik
- Photography: Jure Frelih
- BMX trainer: Rok Langus
- Technical assistance: Duško Pušica, Tomaž Žnidarčič, Rok Pibernik, Marko Gorjup, Andrej Pugelj, Jean Nikolić, Igor Remeta
- Iron construction: Uroš Mehle, s. p.
- Wood construction: Brane Levič and Tomaž Štrucl, Monada, d. o. o.
- Costumes sown by: ESPE, d. o. o.
- Executive producer: Maja Vižin
- Production: Bunker, Ljubljana
- The performance was made possible by: Ministrstvo za kulturo RS, Mestna občina Ljubljana, Elektro Ljubljana, d. d.
- The performance is supported by the Culture Programme of the European Union as part of the network Imagine 2020: Art and Climate Change.
- Sponsors: Bigfish, Urban Roof, Obsession
- Thanks to: Brigita Bukovec, Emil Kozamernik, Karin Marter and Studio Moderna, Sandi Mikluž, Joško Osredkar, Katja Pavlović, Andrej Stare, Igor Vidmar, Vitkar Zavod
Photo: Jure Frelih
26th June 2014 at 8.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 27th and 28th June 2014 at 8.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 26th August 2014 at 8.00 pm, International festival Mladi levi, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 24th, 25th and 26th October 2014 at 8.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 1st February 2015 at 8.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th February 2015, culture days in the frame of the Theatre Playground project, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 27th and 28th June 2015 at 8.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
Theater sheet (pdf)
Flyer (pdf 2,95 MB)