AT MY PLACE, blue contemplations for theatre
A title is not just a title, it is a compass, says the director and playwright of the elusive theatrical genre Mirjana Medojević, a Montenegro native living in Slovenia. At My Place, blue contemplations for theatre is a home lab that began with a reflection on where to create theatre if the virus does not allow us to enter theatres. Four artists talk about theatre in the mysteriousness of the home: Anja Novak as the Hostess of the Blue Tea Party, Tamara Avguštin as the Blue Latecomer, Maruša Majer as the Blue Tracker and Mirjana Medojević as the Neighbour Turned Blue.
At My Place is a theatre fairy tale that grows out of three stories: The Ugly Duckling (H. C. Andersen), Vasilisa the Beautiful (Russian folk tale), and Alice in Wonderland (L. Carroll). The audience will set out together.
Where to, and whether we will go on a journey for real remains a blue mystery. Most often, journey is a metaphor that promises to the viewer a shift in the mental space. In the lab, at someone’s place, the journey is literal and metaphorical at the same time. Theatre is not a mystification, but it is mystical. Where is our home and who are we at home with? The quadrangle of female characters grows bigger when guests come to visit. Maybe it is a one time invitation, and maybe we’ll be invited again.
Premiere: November 29th 2021 at 8 pm, Sindikalna dvorana
- March 17th 2022, Horjul, as par of Kavč Festival
- March 16th 2022, Horjul, as part of Kavč Festival
- December 1st 2021 at 8 pm, Sindikalna dvorana
- Director: Mirjana Medojević
- Text, acting, costumes, space: Anja Novak, Maruša Majer, Tamara Avguštin, Mirjana Medojević
- Also featuring: Blue-handed Cleaner, Blue-Eyed Healer, White Rabbit
- Light: Mirjana Medojević
- Effects: Anja Novak, Mirjana Medojević
- Producer: Špela Kopitar
- Produced by: Bunker, Ljubljana
With the support of: Ministrstvo za kulturo RS, Mestna občina Ljubljana
- Idea: Mirjana Medojević
- On stage: Mirjana Medojević and Samo Kutin
- Musical improvisation: Samo Kutin
- Producer: Špela Kopitar
- Production: Bunker, Ljubljana
Thanks: Tamari Avguštin, Maruši Majer and Anja Novak
With the support of: Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia, City of Ljubljana
Photo: Nada Žgank
Director and playwright Mirjana Medojević completed her studies at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in Cetinje, and then continued her education at the Ljubljana Academy for Theatre, Radio, Film and Television under the mentorship of Tomij Janežič. She presented herself at LGL with her master’s production Crime and Punishment.