Wetlands. Marshes. Where everything not solid enough sinks into the soft, moist soil. Where metaphysics sucks in physics, returning traveler in circles to ground zero.
Strniša’s subtitle of the text is “a parable of the poor and rich Lazarus”, while the creators of the performance are interested, in addition to the moral side of the play, in opening spaces that arise from the associative reading of the text.
Strniša’s Frogs remain fresh even 50 years after they were first published.
The desire to be what we are not creates an internal tension. This is temporary satisfied by the phantasm of the Other – better, faster, more skillful, wiser, more beautiful, richer one. But the Other keeps evading, even Strniša’s devil, who tries again and again to help everyone, and longs for its end and escape from eternity.
Is the realization of our greatest and deepest desires what we fear most in life?
AUTHOR MARUŠA KINK
- Directed by: Maruša Kink
- Literary source: Gregor Strniša
- Text adaptation: creative team
- Dramaturgy: Daša Lakner
- Performed by: Nejc Cijan Garlatti, Katarina Rešek – Kukla, Nika Rozman, Stane Tomazin
- Music authors and performers: Maša Budič, Danijel Bogataj, Blaž Podobnik
- Costume and Set Design: Tina Bonča
- Executive Production: Mija Špiler, Alma R. Selimović
- Public Relations: Tamara Bračič Vidmar
- Technical Team: Igor Remeta, Andrej Petrovčič, Duško Pušica
- Production: Bunker, Ljubljana
- Co production: Zavod Margareta Schwarzwald and KUD S. N. G.
- Supported by: Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia, City of Ljubljana, EU program Creative Europe – Culture, F.I.T. – Festivals in Transition, Urban Heat
26th December 2019, at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana, Slovenija
- 23rd January 2020, at 8 p.m., Sindikalna dvorana, Ljubljana
- 22nd January 2020, at 8 p.m., Sindikalna dvorana, Ljubljana