DIMITRI DE PERROT: MYOUSIC
Dimitri de Perrot is a musician and director; even in theatre, he constructs narrations from sounds – he says he creates »sonic sculptures for theatre spaces using sound, space, light and visuals«. De Perrot created Myousic with his compatriot Julian Sartorius, a man of rhythm who explores the possibilities of his instruments, as well as connections of music to other forms of art. Sartorius can be seen on stage with Mark Ribot, his musical installations can also be seen in galleries, he runs an online audiovisual project Morph; he adds an element of collage and modifies an 8‑second audio loop every day.
The primary media of Myousic is sound, but the performance is an integrated sensory experience full of surprises, live scenography, as well as playing with the position of the audience. The sound sources are also stage elements, and voices are playing with us, too. Since there are no actors on the stage, the role of protagonists within the musical sculpture belongs to us, the audience. In a world where our view is constantly being directed and moderated, where we are not able to look away from the screens and the spectacle, an invitation to an experience where we can create our own path through the landscape of sensual stimuli that do not scream, but rather talk to us, is invaluable. In 041 Kulturmagazin, the performance has been described as a surrealism for your ears.
- Concept, direction, stage design, music: Dimitri de Perrot
- Drums and music: Julian Sartorius
- Dramaturgy: Sabine Geistlich
- Sound design and electronics: Andy Neresheimer
- Lighting design: Tina Bleuler
- Development and construction stage design: Ingo Groher
- Costume design: Franziska Born
- Oeil extérieur: Phil Hayes
- Lighting direction: Karl Egli
- Sound direction: Max Molling
- Stage manager: Jorge Bompadre
- Technical direction: Pablo Weber
- Artistic direction: Dimitri de Perrot
- Executive production: Studio DdP
- Production: Zimmermann & de Perrot
- Co-production: Maillon – Théâtre de Strasbourg – scène européenne, Migros Kulturprozent, La Bâtie – Festival de Genève, Les Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg, Südpol Luzern, Theater Chur, Zurich University of the Arts – ZHdK
With support of: Burgergemeinde Bern, Cassinelli-Vogel Stiftung, Corymbo Stiftung, Fondation BNP Paribas, Ernst Göhner Stiftung, Kultur Stadt Bern, Landis & Gyr Stiftung, Zurich department of cultural affaires, Department of cultural affaires Canton Zurich, Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council.
The presentation of MYOUSIC in Ljubljana is supported by: Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council.
Duration: 60 minutes
Tickets can be picked up and paid for at the box office of the event venue, which opens an hour before the beginning.