ANA BORRALHO, JOÃO GALANTE: TRIGGER OF HAPPINESS
Ana Borralho and João Galante, Portuguese interdisciplinary artists who usually work together, are coming to Mladi Levi for the second time. Their credo is that art is a part of society, its changes and its problems. That art has to be transformative and must have direct contact with people. In 2013, they staged Atlas in Ljubljana, together with one hundred locals of all generations and profiles – a map of life, the world, the destinies shaped by people with their own stories.
We always say that the youth are the future of the world, but they are rarely listened to. But Borralho and Galante will create a theatre situation where we will really listen to them. The performance will be made with twelve local young adults aged 18 to 23. Speakers take turns in answering questions or challenges on the principle of Russian roulette. And if we are talking about happiness, we cannot ignore its antithesis – perhaps not unhappiness, but rather those formative experiences which can often be unpleasant, which leave a permanent mark, and maybe even pave the way towards happiness.
- Concept, artistic direction: Ana Borralho & João Galante
- Performers: Domen Blatnik, Klančič Lea, Diana Kolenc, Lara Lovrič, Katarina Majcen, Tina Malenšek, Ivana Kristina Mohar, Gašpar Marinič, Míla Peršin, Anže Testen, Kaja Brina Uršič and Tom Veber
- Light design: Thomas Walgrave
- Sound: Coolgate, Pedro Augusto
- Dramaturgical collaboration: Fernando J. Ribeiro
- Stage assistance and rehearsal assistance: Cátia Leitão, Antonia Buresi, Catarina Gonçalves, Tiago Gandra
- Production manager: Mónica Samões
- Production and touring: Andrea Sozzi
- Executive producer: Joana Duarte
- Local producer: Mojca Jug
- Produced by: casaBranca
- Translator: Ema Karo
- Co-producers: Maria Matos Teatro Municipal, Jonk – NY, internationell scenkonst för unga, Nouveau Théâtre de Montreuil – CND, Le Phénix – Scène nationale Valenciennes pôle Européen de création, Le Boulon Centre National des Arts de la Rue de Vieux – Condé
Support: Câmara Municipal de Lagos, Espaço Alkantara, LAC – Laboratório de Actividades Criativas, SIN Arts and Culture Centre (Budapest), Companhia Olga Roriz
International touring support: Nouveau Théâtre de Montreuil – CND
The performance will be in Slovene.