SO FAR AWAY introduction to ego-logy
Perhaps we truly are the masters of our own destinies.
Perhaps we truly are held captive in the systems we ourselves are unable to influence.
Perhaps little actions we take may truly result in great deeds.
Perhaps waiting is all it truly takes for things to come together on their own.
Perhaps our gut instincts truly do tell the truth.
Perhaps we are truly wrong about everything.
Six billion, eight hundred forty-five million and a couple of thousands of people in infinite exchange of dependence and independence, obligations and freedom. Following the idea that the amount of available goods to be used is limited and that the world is already “spoken for”, one is lead to a conclusion that whatever may be given to someone must then at the same time be taken away from someone else. This is why it is of crucial importance for us to go through the things we already own, the things we wish for, the things we refuse and the things we can give up in order to (stay a-)live. Perhaps this is all it truly takes.
Premiere: 14th September 2010, Stara mestna elektrarna- Elektro Ljubljana
- 13th March 2012 at 9.00 am, Cankarjev dom
- 10th February 2012 at 10.00 am and 1.00 pm, SNG Maribor
- 9th February 2012 at 9.30 am and 12.30 am, SNG Maribor
- 13th December 2011, Cankarjev dom
- 23rd November 2011 at 4.00 pm and 7.00 pm, festival Drugajanje, II. gimnazija Maribor
- 3rd October 2011, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 21st August 2011 at 10.00 pm, festival Mladi levi, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th June 2011 at 9.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 25th February 2011 at 8.00 pm, festival Gibanica, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 5th and 6th February 2011, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 3rd February 2011 at 10.00 am, festival Bobri, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 4th December 2010, forum Ready to Change, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 15th and 16th September 2010, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
Pia Brezavšček: Time for ego-logy with Betontanc (Radio Študent, 16. 9. 2010)
Mojca Kumerdej: Accumulating and disappearing (Delo, 22 September 2010)
Katja Čičigoj: Ego-ecology of everyday irresponsibility (Pogledi, 22 September 2010)
Pia Brezavšček: So Far Away. Introduction to ego-logy by Betontanc Ltd. (Maska, 22 December 2010)
Light plan (jpg 227 KB)
Tehnical rider (word 29KB)
- Authors and performers: Primož Bezjak, Branko Jordan, Katarina Stegnar, Stane Tomazin
- Music: Dead Tongues
- Costume design: Mateja Benedetti
- Sound design: Jure Vlahovič
- Light design: Tomaž Štrucl
- Video: Miloš Srdić, Teo Rižnar
- Graphic design: Saša Kladnik
- Costumes made by: Slavica Janošević
- Masks designed by: Brane Drekonja
- Technical director: Igor Remeta
- Executive producer: Maja Vižin
- Produced by: Bunker, Ljubljana
Thanks to: Daša Doberšek, Andreja Kopač, Nevenka Koprivšek, Matjaž Pograjc, Branko Potočan, Maks Soršak, Blaž Švent, Jasmin Talundžić
The project was supported by: Ministry of Culture of Slovenia, Ljubljana City Municipality
The project was supported by: EU Comission through Culture programme and is a part of the network Imagine 2020: Arts and Climate Change
With the help of: Pivovarna Union d. d., Radio Študent, Dijaški dom Tabor, Elektro Ljubljana, DHL
- Photo: Urška Boljkovac
- Video: Gregor Gobec
- Editors: Gregor Gobec, Urška Boljkovac