We see information spaces expand and contemplation spaces narrow. Constant time pressure or character limits in text messages push us into sending instant replies that lack the juicy bits and the effort required for a more profound level of communication.
We refuse to become prisoners of the shallow banality of everyday life or hostages to its rapid pace, which is why we are inviting you to come down to Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana, where the evenings will taste of contemporary time and of contemplative thought about the future; all this in pace that allows for reflective stance and pleasure.
We yearn for brave and ardent debates to go on, debates that could make all the whining go away and inspire us for actions that might change the world.
- The Future of Europe, conference in the frame of the Subversive festival, 15th-19th May 2012
- Art and the City, 15th October 2012
- Contemporary Art and Education, 14th November 2012
- The Role of Artist in Space, conversation with members of Beton Ltd., 4th December 2012
- Representative Democracy in the Light of the Current Political Situation, 13th February 2013
- New Fronts of Feminism, 8th March 2013
- Focus: Asia, 22nd April 2013
- The Utopia of Democracy, Subversive forum, 12th-17th May 2013
- Double game, 23th May 2013
- The Audience Council #1, 5th July 2013
- Uncomfortable Discussion “Generational apartheid”, 27th November 2013
- Year 17 of the Institute for Labour Studies: SOCIALISM, every Thursday 2013/2014
- All Together Now, 28th January 2014
- International Forum Still Ready to Change?, 23rd-25th May 2014
- The Audience Council #2, 15th June 2014
- Year 18 of the Institute for Labour Studies: CAPITALIST STATE, every Thursday 2014/2015
- Art and Marxist Theory in the Context of Criticism of Political Economy, symposium, 26th November 2014
- Ready to Change: Rethinking the Relationship between Artists and Communities, conference, 22nd-23rd April 2015
- The Audience Council #3, 22nd June 2015
- The Audience Council #4, September 2015 – June 2016
- The Oath,29 January 2016, debate after the performance by Kitch, addressing Balkan(isation), spectacle, transition, political presentation. Speakers: Bojan Jablanovec and Katarina Stegnar, moderator Andreja Kopač
- Year 19 of the Institute for Labour Studies: PRODUCTIVITY, every Thursday February – June 2016
- The Audience Council #5, October 2016 – June 2017
The project has begun as a part of the network Imagine 2020: Art and Climate Change. It is being continued within the project Imagine 2020 2.0.
Supported by the Culture Programme of the European Union