Biennial of Slovene contemporary dance
by BETON Ltd.
Create to Connect -> Create to Impact
Create to Connect -> Create to Impact (CtC -> CtI) is a continuation of the Create to Connect (CtC) project which started in 2013 as a joint effort of ten European cultural organizations (and three associate partners) to create powerful and long-lasting connections of artists, cultural operators, researchers and audience; seeking new production models for engaging the audience in new, innovative ways; and creating together new public arenas through dialogue and participation.
In the CtC -> CtI project the network has expanded to include five new partners and two associated partners, but most importantly has shifted its focus from audience building to creating impact – the meaning and value our work can produce in terms of change, innovation, empowerment and emancipation.
CtC -> CtI’s core activities focus on artistic creation: Space to Connect strives to change the use of space, within and outside of theaters with artistic tools; Create to Connect is a line of (co)productions trying to apply new models of collectivity to production processes; Adapt to Connect aims to adapt shared work between partners to the local contexts and Working Encounters bring together artists, cultural workers, researches and students to exchange knowledge and ideas on the notion of “P/people”.
To measure and act upon impact, the CtC -> CtI’s partner The Research Centre of the Slovene Academy of Sciences and Arts will use ethnographic and anthropological methodologies to conduct in-depth qualitative research to assess the impact of partner organizations’ activities in the society.
The project started in September 2018 and will end on 31st August 2022, and is supported by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.
– Bunker, Ljubljana, Slovenia – Lead partner
– Artsadmin, London, UK
– AltArt, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
– BIT Teatergarasjen, Bergen, Norway
– La Villette, Paris, France
– Noorderzon, Groningen, Netherlands
– Theater Rotterdam, Netherlands
– Arts and Theatre Institute, Prague, Czech Republic
– Culturgest, Lisbon, Portugal
– Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Ljubljana, Slovenia (ZRC SAZU)
– Drugo more, Rijeka, Croatia
– Santarcangelo dei Teatri, Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy
– NTGent, Gent, Belgium
– Public Art Platform – Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia
– United Artist Labour, Belgrade, Serbia
– Cross Border, Vienna, Austria
– Hammana Artist House, Beirut, Lebanon