It isn’t possible. It isn’t possible for me to react in any other way but with bitter cynicism, when I hear about the plan to save the world. The plan, which is full of diagrams, pictures and numbers, the scientific plan, the factual plan. On the other hand I know, me, Katarina Stegnar, that the cynicism is only a bad defence mechanism protecting me from doing what I have to do. It is necessary for people to know that such a plan exists. It is my duty. It is my calling. In fact I am playing a double agent, playing a double game.
- Author: Katarina Stegnar
- Performers: Katarina Stegnar & Katarina Stegnar
- Dramaturgy: Andreja Kopač
- Light design and technical direction: Igor Remeta
- Producer: Maja Vižin
- Thanks to: Mateja Benedetti, Primož Bezjak, Matej de Cecco, Tomaž Grom, Bojan Jablanovec, Branko Jordan, Teja Kleč, Barbara Kukovec, Grega Zorc
- Commissioned and co-produced by Imagine 2020 – Arts and Climate Change and Bunker, in collaboration with the New Economics Foundation.
- With the support of the Culture Programme of the European Union.
Photo: Jon Aleksander Krančan
Video: Gregor Gobec
AUTHOR KATARINA STEGNAR
Katarina Stegnar (Ljubljana, 1976) is an actress, dancer and performer, AGRFT graduate and one of the most versatile theatre artists, currently working for institutional theatres as well as in independent production. Over time she has developed a unique performing field, where she explores the practices of performing a presentation and questioning her own creativity as a medium that she is expressing herself in. Since 1999, she has been a permanent member of the group Betontanc. In 2004 she joined the group Via Negativa, and since 2010 she has been a member of the collective Beton Ltd.
23rd May 2013 at 8.00 pm, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 23rd May 2014 at 8.00 pm, International forum Still Ready To Change?, Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana
- 31st August 2014 at 8.00 pm, Interantional festival Mladi levi, Gledališče Glej
- 3rd October 2014, Transforma, Torres Vedras, Portugal
- 11th October 2014 at 5.30 pm, Kampnagel, Hamburg, Germany